Sunday, February 12, 2012

ecstasy by jj

today was one of those days
when you don't go outside until very late at night because you feel guilty that you haven't gone outside until very late at night
when you don't shower until the sun has set
when you set up a command center on your bed
the newspaper, a laptop, some almonds

i made a delicious berry smoothy and before i could clean out the blender my roommate had beat me to it
i guess he really likes to clean

last night i spilled wine on a girl's shirt accidentally
my roommates said it was part of a ploy to get her to take off her shirt
it was not a ploy, but if it had been, it would have 'worked'
i gave her a t-shirt of mine to wear
later that night we stood close together, by the stairwell
my arm curled close around her back, unnecessarily since we stood face to face
holding close a person dressed like me
a solipsist's dream

No comments:

Post a Comment